Conventional wisdom describes Deanwood as "an emerging neighborhood." I for one am tired of being on the cusp. It time for Deanwood to blossom--a return to greatness that recaptures our self-reliance, diverse small businesses, and strong community ties.
Deanwood's historic Contee A.M.E. Zion Church is hosting a town hall and forum for candidates seeking the Ward 7 Council seat. What are we asking candidates about Deanwood's future?
- Greater Deanwood neighbors have been fighting oversaturation of liquor stores. Does a candidate have a concrete plan to increase neighborhood-based retail diversity?
- Deanwood is jokingly called Highway to Heaven because there is a church on every corner--traditional and storefront. How do we engage places of worship to include in their faith missions for-profit community improvement proposals?
- How do the candidates view the Eastern Avenue and Southern Avenue border with Prince George's County, MD?
a) Can the candidates give an example of working with at least one Prince George's County official or community leader?
- Add your questions to the comment section.
- Bring two more questions and a neighbor to the forum.
Contee AMEZ W7 Forum Final Flyer